1.21.2009

Designer Jason Wu had No Idea Michelle Obama Chose His Design


New York City-based designer Jason Wu tells Usmagazine.com he had no idea that Michelle Obama would wear his one-shouldered, full-length white gown to the 10 inaugural balls Tuesday night.

"I found out when the whole world found out," he told Us in a telephone interview Wednesday. "I said, 'It looks white. It looks like mine...' I had a box of pizza and it nearly fell over. I was sitting there with my friends, and they were screaming."

Wu -- who has never met the First Lady -- said he was first approached last November. He was told Michelle "wanted something that sparkled. That was it," he said. "I just went for it."
Wu - who called the dress "priceless - told Us it is "going to the Smithsonian."

0 flavorful rants:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari