4.14.2008

NEW MUSIC: RAVEN-SYMONE / CHERISH


RAVEN-SYMONE has a new acoustic inspired track out produced by Stargate. As an entrepreneur, actress, and even a role model.... I can respect what she's got going on. As an artist, I just can't take her seriously. For instance, when I hear this track I think they'll probably be a video soon for it playing during the wait time between shows on Nickelodeon. Like I see her and immediately think 'That's so raven". Maybe because I have children and nine times out of ten my television is glued on Nickelodeon like a spider on a glue trap. Anyways, I don't hate this, I don't love it, but she's defintely playing to the market that adores her with this one and I guess you can't really go wrong with an acoustic track these days.

Check the track below.

Raven-Symone : In The Pictures


Of course there is a So So Def remix for about every song in creation and Cherish lends us there's from the song Killa found on the Step Up 2 movie soundtrack as well as on their second LP The Truth. I have to chime in on a comment from a previous remix that was posted on this one. So in order to have a remix, we have to throw a worthless rap verse in there and a couple of co-signs from Tiny Tim and were in business. Umm, I think not. In this case and in most, the original is way more appealing that the remix but I just write the reviews. Again, I'm not totally in love with this song but I appreciate that the girlies can actually sing and despite that synthesized beat that is actually incredibly annoying -- at least the vocals are on point.

Check the track below.

Cherish : Killa (So So Def Remix)

View the music video for the original version HERE

0 flavorful rants:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari