1.20.2009

Inauguration 2009: Bush Leaves Note for Obama in Oval Office Desk Drawer

Keeping with a White House ritual, Bush left a note for Obama in his desk in the Oval Office, wishing him well as he takes the reins of power.
"I won't provide any details, but the theme is similar to what he's said since election night about the fabulous new chapter President-elect Obama is about to start, and that he wishes him the very best," outgoing White House press secretary Dana Perino said.

She said the two-term Republican incumbent wrote the message to his Democratic successor on Monday and left it in the top drawer of his desk, which was crafted from timbers from the H.M.S. Resolute and given to the U.S. by Great Britain in 1879. [source]

If we all could only be a fly on the wall when Obama read(s) this. I mean honestly, dont you wonder what it said. Could it have said...

Dear Barack,
I realize I've messed over this country and it's people for 8 years now chasing after ideals my father believed in; all in an effort for vendication and revenge -- both domestic and abroad. I realize the magnitude of this and hope you much success in fixing all the crap I messed up. Oh and about the whole economic crisis...dang, that's pretty messed up. My bad man! But, since I'm a citizen now, I sure hope you get that fixed before I lose any money. Okay well have fun being President. I sure did.
Sincerely, G. Dubb

But hey, that's just what I think it said and since I'm no political analyst or speech writer, overall, it probably doesnt matter what I think was in there but it's still pretty interesting to speculate now isnt it??

What do you think he wrote?

0 flavorful rants:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari