12.23.2008

Beyonce Double Video Premiere

Bey debuts her two newest videos for 'Diva' and 'Halo', which you can view below.

Thoughts.... well, the 'Diva' video left me a little disappointed. From the high intensity dance moves we saw in the 'Single Ladies' video I was expecting a little more than I got from Diva as far as dancing goes. Sure the video is hard hitting and edgy just like the track, but conceptually I was looking for more of a story line(especially since is my FAV out of the whole album). From looking at the video I'm not too sure why a diva is 'a female version of a hustla'...especially not from that spontaneous looking choreography. But I have to say the video is still hot, just not at all what I was expecting.

On the contrary 'Halo' is personal, sensual, conceptually sound and I love it when Bey looks human, not like some glorified glam-god (although she can play that role successfully too). The male lead in this video is scrumptious, I tell you what! Im loving this pick -- its definitely a nice contrast from 'Diva'.

Check it for your self --

Diva


Halo




2 flavorful rants:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you're surprised at Bey's choreography. It was never that good. She should have got Laurie Ann to help her out. She can't dance for real, she does nothing more than what video girls do. But the Diva video was okay for what it was.

I had never heard Halo before and I don't like it or the video....though I do like that leading man....

Mignon said...

I dont really care for Laurie Ann's choreography that much either. It all looks the same. If you ever seen that part in the movie 'Honey' where Missy tells her she gonna tell MJ that she's stealing her stuff and that her moves look like a Heather Hunter video.... yea -- my sentiments exactly.

Yea that guy in the Halo video is Michael Ealy .. the same one who played in the Barbershop movies

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari