3.26.2008

SOLANGE: GOD GIVEN NAME

Another track from SOLANGE has surfaced which will be included on her album 'Soul Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams' due out in August. The track 'God Given Name' sports a tremendously different sound. The laid-back jazzy track includes hard hitting lyrics "get me out of this box, I feel so claustrophobic.. I'm no little sister - I'm just my God given name", that Im sure are very personal for BeYawnce's little sis. Obviously, she's ready to be taken out of the "little sister" spotlight so she can try and shine on her own, although, I'm not sure if this is the way to do it. This neo-soul/jazz/I don't know what sound she's trying is kind of questionable.... and not in the good way.

Check the track HERE for yourself

What do you think? Taste it or Toss it...

0 flavorful rants:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari