3.27.2008

20 QUESTIONS + AK VIDEO BLOG


US Magazine and DOVE have teamed up to ask "20 questions to 20-somethings". First up on the list... Ms. Alicia Keys. Here are the first 10 questions from the list...

1. When do you feel the most beautiful?

I feel most beautiful when I’m not all glammed up, when I’m in my most natural state. Don’t get me wrong, I love having my hair and makeup done and wearing beautiful clothes, but I think it’s important for you to be able to appreciate yourself without all of the extras, how God made you.

2. What is your beauty routine?

I have a pretty in depth routine. Cleanser, toner, moisturizers — the works. I wear makeup often so I like to make sure my face is completely clean!

3.What is your definition of beauty?

My definition of beauty is the sort that emanates from within. It’s about the confidence, kindness and compassion that one possesses. That’s the kind of beauty that doesn’t fade.

4. Who is number one on your speed dial?

My mother. She’s my best friend.

5. How do you balance your career with personal relationships?

To me, balance is the key to happiness. I find balance by making time for my career and my loved ones and making both priorities. I make sure to allot time for family and friends as well as time for myself and I adhere to that. Even though I’m doing what I love most, it’s still my job, and everyone needs time away. I have also learned that it is very important to take that time away because it makes you better once you return. I'm more relaxed and rejuvenated and that makes me more creative. Also if I've had fun and that frees my spirit! Every moment is precious. I try not to be too much of a workaholic so I can love life and appreciate every moment as well!

6. Who inspires you the most?

My mother because she is so strong and helped mold me into the person I am. And my generation. There are endless possibilities for us and for our future. I see so much promise and potential in so many eyes and it motivates me!

7. Where does love and finding “the one” fall into your current priorities?

I don’t think you can set a timeline for falling in love. There’s a reason and a season for everything and love comes to you when it’s supposed to.

8. What are some dating challenges that come from being under the spotlight?

Dating can be difficult when you’re a public figure because it’s challenging enough to maintain a relationship under ordinary circumstances, but when you’re in the public eye, it can be that much more difficult. There is a bit more scrutiny and I'm such a private person, I don't like people in my business. At the same time, I'm such a free spirit. I love to be spontaneous and crazy with who I love, so it's a tough balance sometimes. Another challenge is time. There’s not much of it, but I think that it makes the both of you become more creative and really see what your love is made of.

9. Do you feel any pressures of dating/relationships?

I feel that if you’re with the right person, there shouldn’t be a lot of pressure. It’s the same with your career. If you’re doing what’s right for you, things just seem to flow.

10. If you weren’t an actress and singer what would you be?

I’d be an artist of some sort. The arts are what I’ve been drawn to ever since I can remember. If not that, then a teacher. I love being with kids and being in their life in an inspiring way.



Want the rest of the questions.... Peep them HERE

Also, Ms. A.K posted a video blog post from OSLO... and check that HERE

0 flavorful rants:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari